Did you know that nutrition is extremely important during pregnancy? Of course you did! But did you know what you need to eat to keep a healthy body as well as a healthy smile? If not, our Henderson Family Dental team is here to help you! In order to have the best health possible during your pregnancy, we recommend doing the following things:
· Eat as many healthy foods as possible, like vegetables, fruits, cereals, breads, crackers, milk, cheese, cottage cheese, and yogurt.
· Try to limit your intake of sugary foods, like candy, cookies, and cake. We also suggest limiting your soda and sugary drink intake.
· While you snack during the day, try to eat healthier foods, like cheese, yogurt, fruits, and vegetables.
· Drink plenty of water and milk throughout the day. It’s best that you drink fluoridated water and it’s also best to avoid juice, fruit-flavored drinks, and soft drinks.
· If you have trouble with nausea, try to eat small, healthy meals and snacks throughout the day. This should be a little easier on your stomach.
Dr. Nathan Schwartz and our dental team care for you and your smile, so if you have any questions or concerns, please remember that you can always call 702-564-2526 and talk to us. We are here to help you in any way we can, but the only way we can do so is if you give us a call. So, call us today and we will be happy to assist you!